Saturday, March 21, 2009

Today I Think I'll Go To Grad School

S: I'm thinking about grad school.

A: Me too!

S: Our lives are in synch, maybe this is just the next step toward world domination.

A: I think you're right, Pinky.

S: That makes you the brain?

A: You're probably the brain but saying Pinky just had a nicer ring to it.
A Hence looking up creative writing graduate programs as we speak.

S: GREAT
S: I'd do that too, get serious about writing a screenplay.
S: I'm a soldier a rider a ghetto survivor, all of the above.

A: I read an article in the Times today about a 4 women screenwriters, one did Juno, one did Nick and Nora, one does United States of Tara...

S: We'd be like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck

A: ...and they're all friends and call themselves the Fempire.

S: I'll go to that party.
S: Can you double major in grad school?

A: In theory, I guess, but I don't think that's really our style.

S: True.
S: For the first time in my life I feel like learning something.
S: We'll be intellectuals.

A: I'm down with that. We're clearly no good at being professionals.

1 comment:

  1. This is a real innovative post. I'm working on that Professional/Intellectual thing too. & thinking about Grad school. Georgetown has some great programs: whether I wanna do sports management (to be near the ballers haha) or Public Relations/strategic communications.
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete