Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Want It Now!

I've been plotting and planning my first check from the tax office away for months now, and while I may have a shopping problem (case in point: my closet is 10 feet wide and the two top shelves are filled with shoe boxes), I can't help but to compile a list of must-haves for my first shopping experience with a freshly direct-deposited debit card. Since the one and only New Year's resolution I made this year was to stop buying crap clothes, I've got grand dreams of investing in great pieces that won't fall apart (ahem, Forever 21) the second time I wear them.





I need need need these Seychelles Under Construction Ankle Boots. The stacked heel is perfect for tooling around Boston's cobble stone (seriously Boston?) streets. The lacing seems ladylike and dainty and then BAM you're hit with a rockin' buckle. And the best part is? I'd bet my awful job that not one of my friends will have this pair. Not their style? Nope. Makes me like it better? Yup!




Okay, okay, I've been trying to resist the boyfriend jean trend for a very long time now. I practically live in my dark stretch denim skinnies (denim leggings I like to call them), but spring is upon us, and it's time to lighten up. So I think I'll be investing in a pair like this Current/Elliot Boyfriend Cropped pair. They aren't too baggy so I could pull them off on a casual weeknight date but would still serve as a staple for running errands. And for someone who falls about 3o times a day, rips are welcome in my wardrobe.



I've been in dire need for a new bag for a long time. By white woven Gryson bag has had a rough winter, and I'm looking for something a little less structured for spring. So this Orla Kiely Giant Clasp Handbag in all it's distressed glory will fit nicely into my spring/summer wardrobe, when I tend to transition some of my black staples to brown. Plus the orange buckle makes the bag not too serious and seriously pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment